Improving your leadership impact through the science of behavior.
Success in today’s competitive business world requires leaders who create positive environments and earn the discretionary effort of those around them—leaders who understand and can apply the science of behavior in the workplace.
This 4.5-day workshop is a transformative experience designed for managers, supervisors, team leaders and other change agents. It provides an in-depth understanding of the science of behavior, behavioral tools for addressing important workplace challenges, and a strategy for problem solving that allows participants to adjust what they do to maximize impact. It will change the way you manage people.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will have a clear understanding of:
- The Science of Behavior: An in-depth look at the science of behavior and why people do what they do.
- Evaluating Performance Objectively: Using actionable performance descriptions in place of generalities.
- Harnessing the Power of Consequences: Understanding the four consequences that shape human behavior and how to use them.
- Capturing Discretionary Effort: Using positive reinforcement to bring out the best in others and build engagement.
- Uncovering Natural Reinforcement: Tapping into natural reinforcers so that gains are sustained over time.
The following is a sample of tools and skills participant can expect to take away from this workshop:
- A behavioral roadmap that links business results to critical behaviors at all levels, allowing for focused change efforts
- The art and skill of behavior observation, tracking, and calibration in a realistic setting
- A process for integrating short, high impact coaching interactions into your daily work
- A positive accountability and shaping process for building and refining coaching skills
- A 5-step change process to address any performance issue
- The PIC/NIC Analysis®—a problem-solving tool that uncovers the true root causes of performance issues
- A broad perspective for applying the technology at home and in the work environment
Success in business requires the ability to have a positive influence on others. This workshop provides the skills needed to increase engagement, capture discretionary effort, accelerate business results, and improve morale and retention.
ABL is not a trainer certification course and is available to qualified individuals only. Training and consulting firms, independent consultants, external executive coaches, and other external organizational development service providers may not attend.
For a complete list of events and scheduled dates, please refer to our Workshop Schedule. All public sessions are held in our ADI Training Center located in Atlanta, GA. Please also review our accommodations, materials, and cancellation policies.