Discount will be calculated automatically in your Shopping Cart.
THE definitive text on Performance Management. Let's start with a little history...
Performance Management: Changing Behavior that Drives Organizational Effectiveness offers strategies gained through ongoing research and successful Performance Management applications in businesses and industries around the world. Since the 1989 publication of the third edition of this book, both scientists and practitioners have made continual advances in behavior-based performance enhancement. Dr. Aubrey C. Daniels and James E. Daniels now share those innovations and insights in a reorganized and expanded text. The upgraded material—conveniently divided into the two sections of Theory and Application – includes new chapters aimed specifically at addressing workplace performance issues:
- The Science of Behavior in Business
- Being a Proactive Manager
- Separating Behavior from Non-Behavior
- Evaluating Performance Change
- Finding and Creating Reinforcers
- Delivering Reinforcers
- Recognize the observable effects of positive and negative reinforcement, punishment, and penalty in the work environment, by learning to use a PIC/NIC Analysis®
- Optimally employ positive consequences to inspire discretionary effort™ from any member of your organization.
- Design training, verbal instruction, and other antecedents to clearly communicate required and desired workplace behaviors.
- Eliminate negative evaluation processes after reading “The 10 Top Reasons Why Traditional Performance Appraisals Produce Little Value to Organizations.”
If you’ve read a previous edition of this book, here are some of the updates you can expect in this new version.
Performance Management, 4th edition;
- is updated in terms of research and practice over the last twenty years.
- is organized into three helpful sections; Theory, Application and Implementation.
- has several new chapters. The most notable are two in the Theory Section on Behavior. There are also new chapters on evaluating performance change and planning reinforcement.
- has twice as many references, reflecting the additional research included.
- has more cartoons to add more R+ to your reading!
- is generally updated in examples and language. The basic concepts in this book are the same as in previous editions, although some concepts have been added (i.e. Establishing Operations) and the terminology has been updated to be more consistent with current research.
Though focused on the needs of employees and employers alike, this technology also applies to parents, partners, athletes, or artists. If you want to improve performance of ANY kind with the latest proven methods, add the Fourth Edition of the R+ book to your library, today! Volume discounts apply so be sure to order extra copies for your colleagues and friends!